Sunday, February 8, 2015

Crêperie Chez Suzette, Montreal

Overview

Crêperie Chez Suzette is located in the heart of Old Montreal. We visited the restaurant for dessert after our (rather expensive) dinner at Les 400 Coups

The Atmosphere

From the outside, the store looks small, with only maybe a dozen tables inside. However, once you step inside, you'll quickly realize that the store also owns space above the store entrance. In fact, they have washrooms both on the 2nd and 3rd floors, and the seating capacity is much more than what you can see from the store front. What I meant to say is, if the restaurant looks busy, go in anyways, chances are, they have additional seating upstairs.


Crêperie Chez Suzette, Montreal

The Food

Our dinner at Les 400 Coups, although delightful, was expensive and somewhat lacking in quantity, and some of us (myself included), left the restaurant wanting more. Which is surprising, given that I'm less than 110lbs and eat less than an average person per meal (disclaimer, I eat constantly throughout the day though! I'm what you would call, a muncher)

We ordered: French Onion Soup, Chocolate Strawberry Crepe, and Strawberry Crepe with Chantilly Sauce.


My favorite was by far the French Onion Soup. It was simply divine. The gooey cheese, baked just to perfection where you can see the crust starting to brown, made this one of dishes you'd want to try.

French Onion Soup - simply divine!

For dessert crepes, I can't really comment, since I've often found them to be a tad on the sweeter side, and this was no exception. Presentation-wise, it was nice, but I don't find there to be any distinguishing factors that would make these crepes stand out more than the average.



In summary, if I were to go back to Montreal, I would order French Onion Soup again. As for dessert crepes? I suppose, but only if I'm in the mood for something sweet.

Related posts


No comments:

Post a Comment