Sunday, August 9, 2015

Freeing Toronto: Black Swan Review

My Escape Mission #2.

Overview

  • Address: 9625 Yonge Street (Yonge & Weldrick)
  • Max Players: 6 (recommend 4)
  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Cost: $25-$28 p.p. with some discounts possible


Room Setting

This is a 1 room challenge.  The setting is a ballet studio, with mirrors, ballet bars, and lockers.  Nothing out of the ordinary,  but I find the decor a simplistic for a 1 room challenge.  Also, the sound proofing in the room sucks.  I could hear people in the adjacent room screaming and laughing, which also ruined my experience somewhat.  

Puzzles

This sucked.  All the puzzles are lock-based.  Either a combination lock or a magnetic lock.  BORING.  What's worse is that there are some 3 digit combination locks, which you can theoretically lock-pick in about 10 mins.  Did we escape?  Yes!  20 mins into the game, but really by lock-picking rather than solving the puzzles.    Bummer.  The only redeeming quality is that there is a great storyline. 



Would I recommend this challenge?  

There are probably other escape room challenges that are better designed.  However, I did enjoy the storyline, but the price point is a bit high for this room - I would say this is a $15-$20 pp room.

Overall Score: 3/5

Read about my other escape room adventures here.







No comments:

Post a Comment