Monday, August 17, 2015

Lunch @ Montana's, North York

I've been to Montana's for lunch a few times.  The restaurant is spacious and comfortable, however the service is slow, probably because they are often understaffed. The first time we were there, we waited a LONG time for my salad, and when it came, I was disappointed that mixed greens was simply lettuce bits, and the pecans were missing from the apple pecan salad.

The second time I opted to try what they are known for - smoked BBQ meat.  I had the duo - shrimp with a 1/4 rack ribs, and mmmm what a difference that made!  Almost as if I went to a different restaurant. This tells me to never again order salads from Montana's, and always to go for their meat.

What I ordered
  • Summer Sampler - recommended
    • 1/4 smoked pork back ribs
    • 1/2 kapok shrimp
    • smoked veggies
  • Shock Top beer - recommended
  • Apple pecan salad 

Summary
  • The bottom line: skip the salad and go for the smoked BBQ meat.
  • Score: 4/5
  • Address: 2011 Steeles Ave West (Steeles & Dufferin), North York
Related Posts

Summer sampler with kapow shrimp & smoked pork ribs



Click to add a blog post for Montana's Cookhouse on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment