Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review: Point G Macarons, Montreal

The Bottom Line

Small bakery serving some of the best macarons in this side of the continent. A must try!

  • Rating: 9/10

Overview

Address: 1266 Avenue du Mont-Royal E, Montreal. QC. H2J 1Y4
Website: http://boutiquepointg.com
Recommended duration: 15 minutes


The Store

I first heard of Point G when my friend brought me a box of macarons from Montreal, and since then I have fallen in love with them.
When I went to Montreal over the christmas break, we took a detour and went to Point G. A few large maracon paintings covered the store display window, which I feel is a shame because customers were not able to look inside the beautiful store. If you think back to the stores you've been to, it has always been the dirty/ messy stores that would try to hide it by making the store front opaque. I didn't feel it necessary here, as the interior is elegant, with a beautiful macaron tower on display.

The macarons

Macarons are a French meringue-based confection made primarily with sugar, eggs white, and almond powder.
Point G have many different types of macarons on display, but I find they are slightly on the sweet side, so my suggestion is to ask for a selection of the semi-sweet macarons.
I can't remember the exact pricing, but I do remember them to be reasonably priced, which is an added bonus! Of course, you can't compare them to the deliciously chewy treats from Laduree in Paris, but Point G still has some of the best macarons on this side of the continent.

Related Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment