Sunday, August 23, 2015

Review: Escape Room @ Omescape - Joker's Asylum


There are no spoilers in this review.  However, if you prefer to know absolutely nothing about this room, just know that I highly recommend Joker's Asylum.  Now stop reading and make the reservation!
Updated (Nov 2015)

I have now played all the room at Omescape Markham, and here's how I would rank them (based on my personal experience).

From Best to Worst (but honestly, there are no "bad" rooms at Omescape):

  1. Mysterious Study
  2. Penitentiary
  3. Joker's Asylum
  4. Kingdom of Cats
  5. Dark Altar

Click here for a list of other escape rooms I have tried.


Original Review

Joker's Asylum is my 5th escape adventure, and my second one at Omescape.  Joker's is also one of the more difficult escape room at Omescape.

Without giving much away, our group of 5 was subdivided into 2 smaller groups.  I was in the smaller group (group of 2), and was led to a different room than the larger group.  The 2 groups will then have to work together to solve the puzzles.

Personally, I'm don't enjoy split games as much.  I feel that I'm missing out on some of the experience, but that's just my personal preference.  Anyways, the game itself is very well designed, with multiple rooms.  It wasn't that scary, but the storyline was a bit disturbing and creepy, probably attributed to the creepy insane music playing in the background.

Did we manage to escape?  Yes!  In the nick of time, but we did ask for multiple clues, so really, not.


Summary
  • The Bottom Line: I recommend 6 players for Joker's.  This is somewhat of a more advanced room, so try out Kingdom of Cats, Mysterious Study, or Dark Altar before attempting this.
  • Score: 4.5/5
  • Address: 7501 Woodbine Avenue, Markham (Woodbine & Esna Park)


Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment