Monday, August 10, 2015

Review Escape Room @ Omescape: Kingdom of Cats




My Escape Mission #1.

There are no spoilers in this review.  However, if you prefer to know absolutely nothing about this room, just know that I do recommend Kingdom of Cats.  Now stop reading and make the reservation!

Update (Nov 2015)

I have now played all the room at Omescape Markham, and here's how I would rank them (based on my personal experience).

From Best to Worst (but honestly, there are no "bad" rooms at Omescape):

  1. Mysterious Study
  2. Penitentiary
  3. Joker's Asylum
  4. Kingdom of Cats
  5. Dark Altar

Click here for a list of other escape rooms I have tried.


Original Review


The Kingdom of Cats is a multi-room challenge.  I also love that there are no element of gruesome or scariness to the storyline - you're trying to escape from a land of cute cat stuffed animals, how can you not love it? 

There really isn't much of a storyline other than cats.  The puzzles are interesting, with a combination of puzzles that are more than just combination locks.  The puzzles were designed to challenge all your senses, and I appreciated that.  Did we manage to escape?  Nope, but we were close!  Just needed 5 more minutes.  


Summary


  • Overall Score: 4.5/5
  • Address: Unit 7, 7501 Woodbine Ave (Woodbine & Esna Park, same plaza as Boss Club and Gold Mark Cuisine)
  • Max Players: 3-8 (I recommend 4-6)
  • Time: 60 mins
  • Cost: $22-$30 p.p. with Facebook check-in discounts

No comments:

Post a Comment