Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Review: Escape Room @ LOST Canada - Return of Nemesis


Return of Nemesis is my 10th escape room game.

I recently purchased a Groupon for Lost Canada, and after coordinating with a few other friends, called and made a reservation.  The lady that answered the call was quite friendly, and since I wasn't sure which room to book, she quickly recommended the Return of Nemesis based on our group size and experience.

The location is on the second floor of Queen West, just to the west of Bathurst street. I'm not a fan of driving in downtown Toronto, but I liked streetcars even loess, so I end up driving.  Parking on the side streets were ridiculously hard to find, so I end up with paid street parking on Queen.  I'm ok paying for parking, but was a little weary of parking on a busy street with lots of streetcar/ jay walkers/ bicyclers zipping in and around the car.

We arrived 15 mins early, and after paying the usual taxes (we had to pay taxes on the Groupon value), was given a large plastic bin to put in our belongings.  The bin was then placed behind the receptionist desk.  I do wish that they would provide us with real lockers, because on hindsight I shouldn't have put my wallet with my credit cards inside, especially when we are "locked" in a room and the guy monitoring our stuff can also monitor my whereabouts through the cameras!  Turns out I had nothing to worry about, as both my phone and wallet/ cash was intact when we got it back.  Still, minor suggestion - get real lockers!

Anyways, after storing our belongings, we were led to at the escape room.  Based on my past experience, especially with Omescape, I find the "wow" factor is better when I walked into the room with my eyes closed. My friends thought I was odd, but who cares!  Being blind folded when entering the room provides an additional enhancement in my experience.

Without going into too much details, this was a multi-room escape.  45 minutes.  The decorations were pretty cool and I liked that they incorporated elements of Hong Kong in it.

The puzzles themselves, although they were on the easy side (we escaped in about 40 minutes without the use of any clues), were relatively well designed with a variety of puzzles that uses some pretty cool tech. 

I would rate this as an easy escape room, great for beginners, but probably a tad too easy for the 4 of us.  But we still managed to have a great time, so no complaints there!

The listed price on the website is $35 and $28 with Facebook like.  I do feel that this is on the pricier side, especially for a 45 mins escape game.  I might come back and try the other rooms, but only if there is another Groupon deal, or if the price point drops to $20.

Summary

  • Bottom Line: Good customer service, cool use of technology, an overall well decorated room. This is a beginner escape room, I would recommend for new players.
  • Score: 4/5

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment